Why spend so much money on makeup products when you can make them right at home?
- 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of hibiscus powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional and great for reds)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder (optional and great for browns)
- 1 capsule of activated charcoal with a pinch of water (optional and great for blacks/grays)
- An empty blush or eye shadow container
In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot powder and the hibiscus powder. Add additional teaspoons of hibiscus powder if you would like the makeup to have more of a glow. Then, mix in any additional ingredients (cinnamon, cocoa powder, or charcoal) for more depth and variation in colors. Then, pour the powder into an empty makeup container.
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax pastilles
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon of beet root powder (optional and great for reds)
- ⅛ teaspoon of food coloring (optional and great for additional colors)
- An empty lip balm container (optional)
Place a small cup of water in the microwave until it is simmering. Melt the beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil by combining the ingredients with the simmering water. It should take about a minute (maybe less) for the ingredients to melt. Once melted, add any additional ingredients (root powder or food coloring) and mix well. (If you’d like a more natural color, do not add any additional ingredients.) Keep in the small jar or move to an empty lip balm container.
Making makeup is so simple. Maybe you’ll even start making your own makeup from now on!