Truth be told, children are more likely to eat healthy snacks when they are presented in an attractive or exciting way. When I was young, I remember eating ‘ants on a log’ (the celery, peanut butter and rasin snack) even though I hated celery! I realize now, that the reason I ate the celery was because of the way it was presented to me . We found some cute, creative and simple ways for you to turn your children’s healthy snacks into their favorite animal or favorite shape! The great part about these ideas is you do not to be a professional artist or chef to make them; and you can customize them as you please!
Teddy Bear Toast
Is an adorable, fast and nutritious breakfast or snack!
- Bread (wheat or whole grain tastes great)
- Nut butter (or another type of spread)
- Banana slices
- Blue berries (or any small and circular shaped fruit)
- Toast 2 piece of bread
- Spread the nut butter on each piece of toast
- Use 3 banana slices- one for the nose and two for the ears
- Use 3 berries- one for the nose (place on top of the banana) and two for the eyes.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bites is a great meal for the little ones or a fun and healthy snack for all children!
- Peanut butter (or another type of spread)
- Spread the nut butter on 2 pieces of bread
- Spread the jelly on 1 of the pieces of bread
- Put the pieces of bread together like a regular sandwich
- Cut the bread using small cookie cutters
And, done! Now you have a more appealing snack for your children!
Dorito Chicken Tenders
Ok so these are not the healthiest, but at least it gets your children eating their protein. Just pair these with veggies and ranch dip, and you have a snack that your children may actually get excited about!
Doritos (Yes, the chips!)
2 trays of chicken tenders or breast cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pour the Doritos into a plastic bag
- Use a rolling pin to turn the chips into small crumbs
- Pour the crumbs into a shallow bowl or dish
- Cover the chicken tenders or strips entirely with mayonnaise
- Coat the mayonnaise covered strips with the crushed up Doritos
- Place the tenders on a greased cooking sheet
- Cook for 15-20 minutes
And, you have a snack that your children will absolutely love!