Wouldn’t it be great if you could bring some pieces of nature home with you and make them into items that you can wear? We have some good news for you, you can absolutely use the beauties of nature to enhance your style this fall!
- Floral wire or a thick piece of string
- Wire cutter or scissors
- Tape or glue (a glue gun is optional, but works great!
- Flowers (real or fake)
- Form a piece of wire or string into a circular shape and measure it to fit your head; once you have figured out the ideal size for headband, use the wire cutter or scissors to cut the excess pieces of wire or string.
- Use the tape or glue gun to seal the gap between the two ends of the wire or string; this will insure that your headband remains in a circular shape.
- Use additional pieces of wire or string and wrap them around the first circular shaped wire or string and tape or glue as necessary; this technique makes your headband thicker and more durable.
- Finally, tape or glue the flowers onto your headband. Now you have created your own floral headband!
- Necklace chain or string
- Additional charms (optional)
- Jump rings or key rings
- A needle or hot glue gun
- Take a necklace chain or piece of string and figure out what size you’d like for your seashell jewelry; then cut the excess pieces of string if necessary. (Note that you can make necklaces, bracelets, or anklets; the opportunities are endless!)
- Use a needle to poke a small hole for the jump or key rings to fit through; an alternative to this is to use a hot glue gun to glue the seashells onto the rings. (The jump or key rings are used for the shells to stay on the necklace chain or piece of string. If you look closely at store bought pieces of jewelry, you will see that all of them have these!)
- Add any additional charms onto your piece of jewelry. Now you have created a piece of seashell jewelry!
* The supplies used for both projects can be found on Amazon and/or in stores such as Michael’s Craft Store and Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts Store!